Monday, January 19, 2009

Unexpected Surprises



Well today has been quite an interesting and surprising day. The day started off normal and as expected with painting a mural for school. There’s always the big scramble to get the job done. It was finished and it turned out great.

When I got home, I was washing my truck and a neighbor that I had met 2 months prior stopped by and asked me to teach him more about the bible! That is not something that happens too often.

I started to make my simple dinner, cheese, eggs and some toast. I busted the first egg open, and there were 2 yolks in it! I was quite shocked and amazed. Yes, I questioned if it was something I should eat. As I was elated over the double up on yolks, I hear loud footsteps up to my door. A few hard knocks on the glass, and i scurry to the door as i knew it was going to be one of my neighbors. I opened the door, and hear a loud grunt of “here mike!” in a loud raspy voice. A deep pot roast pan was shoved into my hands. In the pan laid a fresh out of the water Sheephead fish. I told Turk, thanks, and he scurried back across the street.

I packaged up the fish and put it in the freezer and then proceeded to make my egg and toast dinner.

1 comment:

Grace C said...

that's a truly awesome day! thanks for sharing!