Thursday, January 1, 2009

This is a New Year

Well, today is the first of the year. It was pretty amazing to have the day off and get projects done around the house. I figured I should take a moment to reflect upon this year and notate what has happened this year. In 2008, I bought my amazing house in Central City. I was featured in Sundance Channel’s: Architecture School, and Ordinary Radicals. I also spoke at a meet and greet with Eddie Izzard after one of his shows. I started Seminary at NOBTS. And I turned 25.

This year has been interesting, God has blessed me with creating some ridiculous events this year, even in the midst of my failures and frailties. I thank Jesus for the grace given to me when I think I can do things on my own. There is no way i could have orchestrated the events that allowed me to purchase my house, and to be able to tell the stories of my life with my great neighbors.

Final Remarks for 2009 : Have peace, do not be afraid!

In John 14:27 Jesus says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I believe we are often afraid of what lies ahead, or that we may be afraid of parts of our past. We may be afraid of people, our sins, our neighbors, sinners. We are to not be afraid, but to rest in the peace of Christ. To rest in His arm in the messiness of the crazy world that we live in. We should not be afraid of people that drink, smoke, dance, do drugs, deal drugs, cussing people, black people, white people, cops, terrorists, or the overly happy neighbor. We should have peace in Christ that we do not fear death, awkwardness, or hatred. The love of Christ can overpower death and destruction, that though my body may die, my thoughts, ideas, and soul will carry on through the minds of others.

It has been profound this year living in my neighborhood, because I came to grips with accepting death. When my life was threatened I felt pure joy, in being ok with dying for the sake of my neighborhood. It was so joyful because I knew that if i happened to die, that it would cause quite a big uproar locally, as well as nationally. That my life and ideas that Christ gave me would not die alongside my physical death. That was a momentous realization.

May peace be with you before death.

Do not wait another year to begin living the life where your passion meets God’s calling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing! i like reading your updates are hearing what God is doing in and through you!