Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heartbreak Road.

Well I rarely ever write twice in a day. The past few days have been odd because I have just been asked a lot of questions about what people think, or what they are doing. It is a blessing that people trust me and can confide in me. Tonight outside of a bar a man came up to me and told me his name and shook my hand. He told me,“ You just have a good aura, you can tell there’s just something there.” This was quite intriguing. I just wonder now what made me stand out, or what that was about. I made sure that I analyzed the way he was looking at me. I questioned internally whether he was gay, and came to the conclusion that he was not hitting on me, and that he truly just saw something in me. Maybe the love of Jesus just exudes.


I was also asked about what I thought of Shane Claiborne, and a lot of the issues within Irresistible Revolution. A lot of people get pissed off reading that book because it definitely goes against american consumerism to the Nth degree and challenges many people to give up things that they are not willing to part with. I think there is a balance between it all, that the poor and the wealthy are both needed, and I think that Shane would really like for us to just be mindful of the poor and oppressed since we are the wealthiest nation in the world. Who are we really if we do not attempt to share the wealth, most of the time we dont even think about that.
While I was driving, i thought of that question, and thought about what the heart of the matter is really about. I came to a conclusion that ultimately we need to truly be willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the cause of Christ if we really believe that He is our ultimate provider. I believe that I trust and know God at a higher level, because of my abandonment of comfortable things while Cycling across the state, and being willing to move to a scary neighborhood, that is not surrounded by much of what I naturally loved which are still Mountains, Snow, Cold Weather, and Rocks to Climb. So if you were to write down your favorite thing in the world, would you be willing to give that up? are you a true giver of life to the point of where it actually hurts?

Will you exchange your car for a hurting heart? My heart just thrives to see others awakened to finding life with purpose and meaning that is holistic. I believe it is only through Christ that this can happen. It has been a joy to see friends really begin to understand and come alive over the years. It is also really hard at times when people are hurting and are doing really bad, in turn I hurt and my brain gets disheveled and hurts as well. I also almost just hurt all the time because I see a great sleeper in everyone, and it often takes something terrible to wake them up. I see big dreams in people, and then they fail in a little way, and retreat back to something comfortable. They go back to sleep in accepting the standards of American Culture. Its funny how people dream of being someone like Martin Luther King, or Ghandi, or some other big figure, but many do not act anything like these people and expect to get there. The people that leave a mark on the world are not rule followers, but rule breakers, they challenge the traditional norm.
Some of you reading this, may think you are the Bomb Dot Com, because you think you are a rule breaker. You may actually be a Zero because you follow the crowd of normal individuals within your own sphere.
Preppies buying into The North Face clothing which actually isn’t that great of gear. High Schoolers, and College Kids think that alcohol is necessary to have fun. That is all a LIE! Those are normal things and it doesnt make you special!
Girls, you should never settle for having sex, making out, or having to dress skimpy to meet the man of your dreams. Guys you should not think that you have to have the nicest of everything to win a girls heart.

People that are often the greatest leaders often are outliers with unique abilities

ok i am done ranting, now i need to try and sleeep

1 comment:

James said...

Hey man I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. Shane is trying to live his life in as Christ-like a way as he can (and I am as well, though that doesn't always take the same form) I love that Acts, and the sermon on the mount are taken seriously and lived outinstead of dismissed. But if you step out of the norms like Jesus, people will be challenged and in turn try and challenge you. Jesus was constantly challenged by tough questions from halfhearted religious people...Why should we expect anything less? It all comes with truly drinking his cup.
much love in Christ,
James Tower
james.tower@barclaycollege.edu