Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just in case I Die.

There in an ever present reality of the possibility of getting shot or something crazy happening to me as I exist on the earth that God has filled with great beauty. I feel like there is an odd intensity arising in the neighborhood. I am not sure what it is from, or what to think about it at the moment. There has been a lot of shootings and murders lately just a handful of blocks away from the house.

While a friend was down here, and as I showed him around the neighborhood, we received a little bit of hostility. This has been the first time that it has been a bit aggressive. The reality of it all is that this aggressiveness exists in the neighborhood, and that many have accepted it as normal life. There are a few who are tougher and will challenge some injustice, but most let it slide. I am boggled by the fear and scariness of the potential of being in a volatile situation that could result in my demise. In the end my neighbors, friends, and I need help. The aggressors need to be shown love in great and profound ways, as well as ways out of the cycle. The movement of love, peace, hope, and reconciliation in Christ. It should not fade in the event of calamity. It is the prime time for grace to be shown abundantly and for light to prevail in dark circumstances.

In all, love abundantly, give abundantly, and do not be afraid to hurt a little. My life has been wonderful, and amazing so far, and I do not regret a bit of it. I have lived life to the full, and hope to continuously do so until I die. We are called to bring hope to the world, and we cannot do that in fear. The dark will not shut us out.
It is my wish that my work started, and the people inspired, are to continue to be the hands and feet of Christ Jesus, to the rough and scary places of the world. At the least, just please get to know your true neighbors and share life’s hurts and pains with them.

Chris Jones, Jean please be ready.

Hopefully I will, get to read this, and that we will get to talk about it when I am old and gray haired with a fu-manchu. However many crazy radicals don’t get the chance to live that long.

No comments: