Sunday, November 16, 2008

If you could see what I see

Why is this road, so long and narrow?
Why does my heart cry?

Your people surround me, and my soul gets crippled.
People that bear the cross, sometimes cease to see.
Your beauty is all around us, we often don’t see it right by our side.

My neighbor doesn’t walk like me, talk like me, live like me, but I see beauty in him.
I see beauty in him!

God is before us, waiting for us to recognize him.

He wants to live with us, work with us, shop with us, spend with us, dine with us, walk with us, scream with us, cry with us, hurt with us.

There is no place with us, that He should be absent.

Christ behind me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ is in me.

He is with me when I awake, He is with me all day.

He tells me stories when I am asleep.

Though he is there, I am scared, I am fearful, and I hurt, not for myself but for others.

The injustices i’ve created by some of my American Dream habits.

The loneliness of standing out from the crowd.

My walls crumble, and I am broken.

No comments: