Friday, October 24, 2008

Epicenter of affection

My neighbors consume my life, my heart beats for the safety and well being of my beloved friends whether they are good or bad. The line of justice is in tension, and my brain is overwhelmed. What do I do with drug dealers that are friends of friends, or drug dealers that allow Mrs. Betty to make her house payment. How do I create jobs that would entice a dealer to not sell drugs but to come work with me and run my business. How do we begin to understand that we are really simple human beings without a whole lot of needs. How does a little man like me get to be a part of such a big thing. Why do I get to meet urban planners, and begin to really live a life of risk in hopes of healing injustice and oppression. What a joy it is to attempt to empower, and restore lives in a beaten down neighborhood. When will we cease to neglect our neighbors, that we live next to and show them love. I have a dream and it scares me.​​​

Everyday, I am blessed to see my neighbors and friends love and care for one another. Today I arrived home, during my mid day transition, to Turk cutting Twopop’s hair. For some reason after I went inside and was about to depart again Twopop was sitting on the stoop with this patch of hair on the back of his head. It was a hilarious sight and I could not stop laughing. Eventually Turk emerged with a razor to finish making Twopop bald. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

No comments: