Monday, October 13, 2008

ATL and Catalyst Reflections

Well, I have spent the past few days in Atlanta for Catalyst and to spend time with some old friends. It was a fairly good and refreshing time. I feel that my brain is filled with so much that I am immobilized now. I am now just trying to process and focus on a few of the greatest things that I can begin to work on.
        It was interesting to hear about people talking about leadership, and to be reaffirmed in many of my perceptions. One is that our character/leadership ideals must be consistent in all spheres of life whether at home, work, or at the bar. Another is that one characteristic that is normal within leaders is rule breaking. I have always somewhat defied tradition in hopes of representing authenticity and freshness. This makes me realize though that, I am getting older and I too will soon be out of touch with the younger generation so I must begin to replicate myself and empower those younger than me to be the next great leader.
        I was also able to help a friend of mine(Erin Lee you Rock! ) that works for a great coffee company, Land of A Thousand Hills, that is pretty much a dream in which I would love to replicate in Indonesia. I wish my brain functioned a bit better so that I could pull that off.
        Time in Atlanta was also great just for the sad reminder that there are some really amazing women out there that are a lot more courageous that some of us guys, but it at least gives me hope that there is a girl out there that would want to join my adventure in the craziness of New Orleans

No comments: