Thursday, April 30, 2009

Simply Human

Each day I live I learn more about myself, my flaws both good and bad. It’s the end of a semester and it is finals time, and a transition into the summer. I am taken back by my conversations with friends of things that are happening shortly after school is over. There is a lot happening in a short while in my life and in the lives of many of my friends and colleagues.

I am oddly aware of a tension, and anxiety that is rising within me to finish school well. However, this thought is hard for me to accomplish at the moment just because there are many other things that I would like to be doing or planning. It is almost as if I have to put everything on hold so that I can get my brain to concentrate on the things I need to focus on with school.

It’s really hard when I just want to be able to take a couple of days and hang out with the kids in the neighborhood, or hang out with a neighbor and let them use my computer to fill out an employment application online. I will get to do this soon, my finals have deadlines hopefully I won’t fail anything.

It’s hard to not feel like a failure when my grades aren’t the best thing in the world. I guess I’m just not an academic research type of student. I’ll be a black sheep.

No comments: